Because there’s a better way to start your day
“Rasoolullah (saw) said: ‘If the people knew what (reward) there is in the Isha prayer and Fajr prayer, they would come even if they had to crawl.'” (Sahih)
40 4 Jannah
Hadith on the virtues of salaah memorization challenge
Whoever memorises and preserves for my people 40 Ahadith by which Allah benefits them, it will be said to him “Enter by whichever door of Jannah you wish”
Narrated by Ibn Masood Radhiallahu Anhuma
- Encourage the performance of Salaah in the Masjid. The establishment of Salaah will inshallah result in lasting change.
- Establish lasting bonds between the youth and their Imaams
- Revive the relevance and importance of the masjid
- Facilitate for the youth to earn the rewards promised for the memorization of 40 Ahadith
- Give the participants a deeper understanding of the virtues of Salaah in the light of the ahadith
- Create an atmosphere of encouragement through incentive rather than reprimand
Fajr First is only open to the Musallis of the following participating Masajid:
1. Masjid Umar Farooq Dadaville Roshnee
2. Nurul Islam Masjid Lenasia
3. Masjid Dhuha Sandton
4. Al Tawheed Weillers Farm
5. Masjidus Salaam Middelburg
6. Jumu’ah Masjid Eldorado Park
7. Eldoraigne Musallah Centurion
8. Masjid Sulaimaniya Lenasia
9. Northcliff Masjid
10.Masjid-us-Salaam Manzilpark Klerksdorp
In order for someone to participate in the hadith memorization challenge they have to be a participant of Fajr First.
Monitors will be appointed at participating Masajid to mark a daily register for the 40-day period from 13 September 2021 – 22 October 2021. Youth who make a serious effort towards 100% attendance will be given prizes as a token of encouragement.
Participants will be sent a 40 ahadith on the virtues of Salaah compilation. They will also be sent a voice note each day of the days hadith. The participant will be required to recite the days hadith after Fajr to the respective of monitors.
Participants will be requested to attend an awards event post Fajr First. The event will be hosted at a central location in Johannesburg. (Details to be announced)
40-day period has been chosen because 40 days is known as a habit forming period
The concept of giving gifts or prizes for acts of righteousness is found as a common practice in Darul Ulooms through the ages
After dealing with the thieves who stole the camels from the muslims, Sayidina Salma Bin Akwa (RA) was rewarded by Rasoollulah (saw) with a double share in spoils of war as a token of acknowledgment and encouragement for his bravery even though his display of bravery was solely done for the sake of Allah.
Below are the terms and conditions that are applicable to The Deen Team’s Fajr First and 40 4 Jannah Competition/Campaign.
1. By entering the competition and / or accepting any prize (if you are a winner), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Contestant must provide their names, ID number, parents contact number and personal cell phone number.
3. The outcome of the competition is subject to the decision of the Ameer (Manager) and directors. No correspondence will be entertained after that.
4. It is your responsibility to ensure that all the information which you provide to The Deen Team is complete, accurate and up to date.
5. Participation is limited to boys from the age of 13 (born in 2008) till the age of 19 (Born in 2002)
6. Prizes are not transferable and are not negotiable.
7. The Deen Team will not undertake to deliver any prizes to respective winners.
8. If prizes are not collected /claimed within 60 days – they will be disposed of at The Deen Team’s discretion.
9. Subject to these terms and conditions, The Deen Team will not disclose any of the participant’s personal information to third parties without that participant’s permission
10. Participants who miss Fajr Salaah due to sickness will be required to produce a doctor’s letter to avoid penalisation.
11. Any participant who will be going out of town and will be performing Fajr Salaah at an alternative masjid will be required to fill out an “exemption form” that is obtainable from your local Imaam/Monitor.
12. Exemption Forms will be provided to all participants who miss Fajr Salaah with a valid excuse. All exemptions will be subject to approval by The Deen Team.
13. The Deen Team reserves the right to accept or reject any exemption request received.
14. Participants will be required to pass our Hadith exam in order to winning the 40 4 Jannah challenge.
15. The exam will take place at a central location withing Johannesburg (Details to be confirmed and announced)