Because there is no better way to start your day
“Rasoolullah (saw) said: ‘If the people knew what (reward) there is in the Isha prayer and Fajr prayer, they would come even if they had to crawl.'” (Sahih)
- Encourage the performance of Salaah in the Masjid. The establishment of Salaah will inshallah result in lasting change.
- Establish lasting bonds between the youth and their Imaams.
- Revive the relevance and importance of the masjid.
- Give the participants a deeper understanding of the virtues of Salaah in the light of the ahadith.
- Create an atmosphere of encouragement through incentive rather than reprimand.
Fajr First is only open to the Musallis of the following participating Masajid:
Masjid Al Noor – Reigerpark
Masjid Quba Ridgeway
Al Tawheed Masjid Weilers Farm
Jamiah Masjid – Town
Masjid us Salaam – Manzil Park
Cassim Park Masjid
Masjid Salaam Eastdene
Monitors will be appointed at participating Masajid to mark a daily register for the 40-day period from the 24th of October to the 2nd of December 2022. Youth who make a serious effort towards 100% attendance will be given prizes as a token of encouragement.
Participants will be requested to attend an awards event post Fajr First. The event will be hosted at a central location in Johannesburg. (Details to be announced)
40-day period has been chosen because 40 days is known as a habit forming period.
The concept of giving gifts or prizes for acts of righteousness is found as a common practice in Darul Ulooms through the ages.
After dealing with the thieves who stole the camels from the muslims, Sayidina Salma Bin Akwa (RA) was rewarded by Rasoollulah (saw) with a double share in spoils of war as a token of acknowledgment and encouragement for his bravery even though his display of bravery was solely done for the sake of Allah.
Below are the terms and conditions that are applicable to The Deen Team’s Fajr First Campaign.
1. By entering the competition and / or accepting any prize (if you are a winner), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Contestant must provide their names, ID/passport number, parents contact number and personal cell phone number.
3. The outcome of the competition is subject to the decision of the Ameer (Manager) and directors. No correspondence will be entertained after that.
4. It is your responsibility to ensure that all the information which you provide to The Deen Team is complete, accurate and up to date.
5. Participation is limited to boys from the age of 13 (born in 2009) till the age of 19 (Born in 2003)
6. Prizes are not transferable and are not negotiable.
7. The Deen Team will not undertake to deliver any prizes to respective winners.
8. If prizes are not collected /claimed within 60 days – they will be disposed of at The Deen Team’s discretion.
9. Subject to these terms and conditions, The Deen Team will not disclose any of the participant’s personal information to third parties without that participant’s permission
10. Participants who miss Fajr Salaah due to sickness will be required to produce a doctor’s letter to avoid penalisation.
11. Any participant who will be going out of town and will be performing Fajr Salaah at an alternative masjid will be required to fill out an “exemption form” that is obtainable from your local Imaam/Monitor.
12. Exemption Forms will be provided to all participants who miss Fajr Salaah with a valid excuse. All exemptions will be subject to approval by The Deen Team.
13. The Deen Team reserves the right to accept or reject any exemption request received.