Youth Adventure and Tarbiya Camp
Assalamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh.
As part of giving our youth a holistic upbringing from an educational, spiritual and developmental perspective, the natural environment together with good, wholesome activities play an important role. The outdoor ‘classroom’ is said to be one of the most effective ways in which to empower learners with valuable tools prescribed by Islam such as respect, self-confidence, self-esteem and teamwork.
Our vision is to make learning these life skills an active experience which is fun, engaging and guided by a sound Islamic ethos. In doing so, we make use of various venues to provide your child with an opportunity to develop, inculcate true Islamic values, build friendships and create memories that will last a lifetime. Each activity on our course is carefully selected to meet our objectives. All our activities are then packaged into a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
It gives us great pleasure to provide you with details of our next youth camp:
Specific details of the course are given below:
|Who can attend?||Boys only age 13 and older|
Drop off & Collection Point
|Drop off 09:00am – Wednesday, 6th October|
Pick up 15:00pm – Saturday, 9th October
Pick up and drop off point: Masjid Siraatul Jannah Ormonde
R960 per person
(includes accommodation, meals & all activities)
Payment can be made by EFT
|Venue||Eikenhof Madressa’s Boarding|
|Type of Accommodation||camping with your own bedding in a carpeted hall|
Should your child wish to attend this course, he needs to take the following actions:
|28th September 2021|
1. Fill out the online form completely
2. Do an EFT of R960 to our account
3. Email proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Al Barakah Fordsburg
The Deen Team
Acc number: 78600180252
Branch code 800000
Reference: Participants name
Please note that places are limited and participants will only be confirmed on the course once both, the proof of payment and online registration form is received and you receive a Whatsapp message of confirmation from us . We will be allocating places on a first come first serve basis. We encourage you to book early to avoid disappointment.
Should you or your child have any further queries, please feel free to contact Hafiz Shaakir Bhyat on 082 872 0789. As a contact add Hafiz Shoayb Dhoda on 076 902 7308. We look forward to welcoming your child on the course. Shukran!
YOUTH ADVENTURE CAMP KIT LIST
- Comfortable old outdoor shoes / Trainers / Slops / Sandals.
- Warm Clothing (including jacket, tracksuit, warm hat, etc. if its winter)
- Raincoat / Poncho
- A few pairs of old shirts, track pants, etc. (prepare to get wet & muddy!)
- Swimming costume covering from navel to below the knee and towel
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, & cap
- Torch with spare batteries
- Plastic bag for wet/ used clothes etc
- Some tuck money (R150 max.)
- Small backpack (for hikes etc.)
- Notebook, pen, & pencil
- Sleeping bag & pillow
- Basic toiletries & medication (Be sure to bring your prescribed medication, if any)
- Eating utensils (plate, bowl, mug, knife, spoon, & dishcloth)
- Mosquito repellent
- Water bottle
- Suitable clothing for Salaat (Topee, Kurta)
- Some snacks & goodies (enough to share!;)
The following items are not permitted and could lead to expulsion from the Camp:
- Any weapons / dangerous objects , etc
- Radio / iPod / Mobile phones / MP3 player, etc – This is an outdoor camp!
- Cigarettes (including Hooka pipes, hubbly bubbly, etc)
- No valuables are to be brought by the participant.
- Costumes, shorts, etc. must cover from the navel to below the knee, as this is the private part (Satr) of a Muslim male, which has to be covered at all times. Parents are requested to encourage our youngsters to purchase 3 quarter pants, etc instead, which covers the said area.6