Assalamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh.
As part of giving our youth a holistic upbringing from an educational, spiritual and developmental perspective, the natural environment together with good, wholesome activities play an important role. The outdoor ‘classroom’ is said to be one of the most effective ways in which to empower learners with valuable tools prescribed by Islam such as respect, self-confidence, self-esteem and teamwork. Our vision is to make learning these life skills an active experience which is fun, engaging and guided by a sound Islamic ethos. In doing so, we make use of various venues to provide your child with an opportunity to develop, inculcate true Islamic values, build friendships and create memories that will last a lifetime. Each activity on our course is carefully selected to meet our objectives. All our activities are then packaged into a fun and relaxed atmosphere. It gives us great pleasure to provide you with details of our next youth camp: Specific details of the course are given below:
|Who can attend?||Boys between the ages of 13 and 19|
|Dates||5 overnight camps with a once off Registration|
|Start Time||16:00 on all the dates mentioned above (All Saturdays)|
|End Time||The next day (Sunday) 14:30|
|Departure & Collection Point||Camp Qurtuba 69 1st Rd, Linbro Park, Sandton, 2065 (Masjid Tariq Bin Ziyaad)|
|Cost||R 1400 (Once off)|
|Venue||Camp Qurtuba 69 1st Rd, Linbro Park, Sandton, 2065 (Masjid Tariq Bin Ziyaad)|
|Type of Accommodation||Wooden Cabins|
We will be allocating places on a first come first serve basis. We encourage you to book early to avoid disappointment.
Should you or your child have any further queries, please feel free to contact Hafiz Shaakir Bhyat on 082 872 0789. We look forward to welcoming your child on the course. Shukran!
YOUTH ADVENTURE CAMP KIT LIST
- Comfortable old outdoor shoes / Trainers / Slops / Sandals.
- Warm Clothing (including jacket, tracksuit, warm hat, etc. if its winter)
- Raincoat / Poncho
- A few pairs of old shirts, track pants, etc. (prepare to get wet & muddy!)
- Swimming costume covering from navel to below the knee and towel
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, & cap
- Torch with spare batteries
- Plastic bag for wet/ used clothes etc
- Some tuck money (R150 max.)
- Small backpack (for hikes etc.)
- Notebook, pen, & pencil
- Sleeping bag & pillow
- Basic toiletries & medication (Be sure to bring your prescribed medication, if any)
- Eating utensils (plate, bowl, mug, knife, spoon, & dishcloth)
- Mosquito repellent
- Suitable clothing for Salaat (Topee, Kurta)
- Some snacks & goodies (enough to share!;)
The following items are not permitted and could lead to expulsion from the Camp:
- Any weapons / dangerous objects , etc
- Radio / iPod / Mobile phones / MP3 player, etc – This is an outdoor camp!
- Cigarettes (including Hooka pipes, hubbly bubbly, etc)
- Red Bull, Monster and all similar energy drinks
- No valuables are to be brought by the participant.
- Costumes, shorts, etc. must cover from the navel to below the knee, as this is the private part (Satr) of a Muslim male, which has to be covered at all times. Parents are requested to encourage our youngsters to purchase jammies, 3 quarter pants, etc instead, which covers the satr area.